We retain two types of information:
- “Non-Personal Data” – Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies: This website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a little piece of text stored by the browser on your computer, at the request of our server. Our cookies are not available to other websites. This website will send a session cookie to your computer to store your preferences during your visit. Once you log out or close your browser software this cookie expires and no longer has any effect. You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your ease of use of this website.
- Personal Data: We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the goods or services you have ordered.
- To contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us.
- To contact you by email for the purpose of sending occasional Newsletters/Special Offers if you agreed to receive such emails at your time of registering with Dominic Smith Electrical, you may opt out of this feature by unsubscribing at any time.
- To contact you by email if you have asked to be contacted when an item is back in stock.
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by Blacknight Solutions. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email your request to us at email@example.com. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.